Friday, May 9, 2008

Getting Closer...

Hey guys...I started photocopying the case files for my project. Hopefully I will be done by the middle of next week. I learned some pretty cool things today at the office, one of which I found to be particularly interesting. Kim, my Project Sponsor, explained to me that there are cases where a body is hard to identify. Typically finger prints are taken, but if that doesn't pan out, they go to dental records. We didn't really have much time to talk about it because I was so busy with my project, but she told me that there are a few other ways to identify a body. Super exciting if you ask me. When I find out what they are, I'll fill you in!

I find this project to be so interesting because I view each case as a puzzle. Yes, I am not a qualified forensic investigator, but I can feel that each person in the office wants to be there and they enjoy their job. To me, to start with one piece, almost always a DB (dead body for those of you who didn't read my earlier posts), and then go from there to solve a whole case is amazing. What a sense of accomplishment to find out the last moments of a person's life...you are a victim's last voice. Be heard.

Thanks.

No comments: